Banking digitally amid COVID-19
Wells Fargo’s mobile app and other digital tools can help customers get banking done while contributing to customer and employee safety.
Dear Wells Fargo Customer,
As we continue to monitor the rapidly evolving situation around the coronavirus (COVID‑19), our first thought is for the safety and well-being of all individuals and small businesses impacted by these difficult circumstances. In these unprecedented times, it is important that we come together to support all those impacted.
You can count on us to continue to do our best serving you and keeping you informed. Our branches, Wells Fargo Home Mortgage and Wells Fargo Advisors offices, and our contact centers remain open — we are here to help.
Our top priority is the safety of you and our employees. We have done a series of things to make our environment as safe as possible:
- We have implemented enhanced cleaning procedures in our branches and offices, following CDC and public health guidance.
- We have established a set of protocols to ensure that any of our employees who are high risk or potentially infected stay at home.
- We are also taking measures to help our salaried and hourly employees stay safe including eliminating travel and in-person meetings and enabling work from home where possible.
- We are also providing financial support for childcare and additional assistance through paid leave for employees with COVID‑19.
- We ask you to be on the lookout for suspicious email and text messages that try to convince you to share sensitive information such as username and password, or ones that may impersonate a company, charity, or government agency. Wells Fargo will never ask you for your personal information or log-in credentials in an email or text message.
We encourage you to download the Wells Fargo Mobile® app or use your computer to stay connected and bank 24/7. Using these capabilities is simple and free. You can:
- Deposit a check directly into your eligible checking or savings account by simply taking a picture of the front and back of an endorsed check with the Wells Fargo Mobile®1.
- Quickly request, receive, and send money in minutes2 using our mobile app with Zelle®.
- Pay bills, move money between accounts, monitor transactions, and set up alerts3.
- Shop with ease using your digital wallet and using tap and pay at checkout with your contactless card.
For updates and resources to help you navigate the COVID‑19 outbreak, visit wellsfargo.com/coronavirus.
As you know, the situation is fluid and will vary community to community, but we will do everything we can to continue to protect our employees and to be available for you.
Charles W. Scharf
Wells Fargo & Company
1. Some accounts are not eligible for mobile deposit. Availability may be affected by your mobile carrier’s coverage area. Your mobile carrier’s message and data rates may apply.
2. Transactions typically occur in minutes when the recipient’s email address or U.S. mobile number is already enrolled with Zelle. Available to almost anyone with a U.S.-based bank account. For your protection, Zelle should only be used for sending money to friends, family, or others you know and trust. Sending money with Zelle is similar to making a payment in cash. Your mobile carrier’s message and data rates may apply.
3. Sign up may be required. Availability may be affected by your mobile carrier’s coverage area. Your mobile carrier’s message and data rates may apply.
Zelle and the Zelle related marks are wholly owned by Early Warning Services, LLC and are used herein under license.